NCURA 60th Annual Meeting Recap
After taking some time to reflect on NCURA’s 60th Annual Meeting in Washington DC earlier this month, we remain captivated by the level of knowledge, professionalism, and obvious hard work which surrounded us at the event. We are thankful for the opportunity to spend time with such a supportive and energetic group of brilliant people!
It was great to collaborate in person as well as virtually on social media. We enjoyed meeting attendees at our Cayuse booth, hearing them speak on or lead panel discussions, and connecting with them at cocktail receptions and after-hour gatherings.
One of NCURA’s common themes this year was collaboration. That spirit of information sharing, camaraderie, and connection was apparent throughout the event. Attendees were encouraged to continue to engage with fellow NCURA members after the event and learn from one another. Many members spoke about their own long-term NCURA mentors who contributed to their success. In turn, they chose to volunteer, give back to the community, and pay it forward to the next generation of Research Administrators.
Nearly 300 institutions are Cayuse customers in America. Many of their staff presented at NCURA and a few were also recognized for their outstanding achievements at the meeting. Congratulations to the following Cayuse customers for receiving awards:
Julia Jacobsen Distinguished Service Award:
- Bruce A. Morgan, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Administration, Office of Research, University of California, Irvine
- Mario R. Medina, Manager, Finance and Administration, Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Robyn B. Remotigue, Director, Office of Research Services, School of Public Health, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth
The NCURA Distinguished Service Award:
- Cynthia Hope, Assistant Vice President for Research & Director of Sponsored Programs, The University of Alabama, NCURA Distinguished Educator
- Patricia A. Hawk, Assistant Vice President, Office for Sponsored Research and Award Administration, Oregon State University, NCURA Distinguished Educator
- Robert C. Andresen, Director of Research Financial Services, University of Wisconsin-Madison, NCURA Distinguished Educator
It was great to touch base and hear how well our customers are doing whether they’re brand new to Cayuse or seasoned users. We were also so impressed by the sheer Research Administration expertise and the knowledge shared in education sessions. We learned a great deal on topics as diverse as clinical trial management, pre-award budget planning, and conflict of commitment.
Participating in these educational sessions helps us to further improve our current and future Cayuse product features and services so they continue to best meet our customers’ needs. Our booth at NCURA attracted a great wealth of good conversation and knowledge from new faces and current customers. We really do feel like our customers are our family.
We would like to thank our customers for their knowledge and thank the entire NCURA team of volunteers for all the hard work! Cayuse is looking forward to next year.
Learn more about the Cayuse Research Suite by signing up for a free demo.